So you're thinking of buying a boat or yacht?
Deciding upon a collaboration with The Lighthouse Yachtbrokers means choosing for a clear and professional guidance. To give you an indication of our methods we have placed a summary below, explaining all steps taken by us, together or with the seller, in the acquisition of your boat or yacht.
- It is quite probable that you are already quite informed about all types of boats or yachts available. In such cases it is not necessary for us to provide full accompaingment. This is most logical if you have , for example, seen a boat or yacht on our site and would like to perform a visit. In that case you only need to contact us and we will help you from there on. Alternatively you may not at all know what you are interested in. Consequently we can provide fulle guidance.
Does your interest tend to a more modern or classical boat or yacht?
- Firstly, there will be an intake interview. Here we will listen to all your wishes and provide professional advice revolving around the acquisition of a boat or yacht.
Are you looking for a cruiser or a cutter?
In the case of a sailing boat or yacht, would you prefer a round or a flatbed?
Which materials should the boat or yacht be constructed of?
And finally, what is the size or your budget?
- These along with many other questions will provide us with enough information to narrow the area of interest and focus the active search.
- Of course it is possible that our own assortment contains a yacht fit for your wishes. This obviously simplifies the case. In any other situation we will utilize our vast network to find a yacht that is suited for your needs as swiftly as possible.
- Consequently we will be planning visits in accordance with you and the seller, yet only when suiting your agenda. If requested and possible, we will also arrange a test run and accompany you if necessary.
- In a follow-up appointment, we will discuss your impressions about the yacht during the visits and test run. If this is all positive, we can decide to start the bidding process. If the yacht turns out not to be exactly what you are looking for, we will continue the search for a more suited yacht.
- Upon the start of the bidding process, together we will plan the bidding strategy and decide upon the starting bid.
- After the selling party has accepted an offer, The Lighthouse will provide the contract. Afterwards, both parties will have some time to clear up any uncertainties or make adjustments to the contract, after which the final contract will be constructed and signed by both parties and, if requested, a public notary.
- Furthermore, our yachtbrokerage offers the service to arrange all finances, insurances and registration of your yacht, as well as the search and acquisition of a suited berth.